Wednesday, October 1, 2008

If I make it through this day...

This time I'm not saying "If I make it through this day" because of my children! Wow. I've signed up at our local YMCA and let some of the other mommies talk me into doing a class called body sculpt. I do have to note that these other mommies are much more in shape than I am. (That's not really saying much at this point). One lady said that on Monday they did 145 squats. My mind can't even process that many squats. That's like saying a billion dollars. It's too much to fathom! My husband is so excited that I have finally joined in any type of exercise. He has reminded me many times last night and this morning. So. If I make it through this day alive, maybe I'll go back to the class on Monday. Maybe I'll be able to lift my arms high enough to reach the keyboard-how about that? Let's take this really slowly!

This YMCA also has racquetball courts, but since I haven't played since Audrey was born--5 years and 50 pounds ago--I will probably avoid those for a while. I don't want to totally embarrass myself. I know that hasn't seemed to stop me in the past. Maybe I'm getting more self-conscious in my old age.

I am taking a beginning sewing class soon. I have been able to use my machine for a few very simple things like a blanket for Katie, but recently I have been wanting to make more things. I bought a dress pattern and material so I could make Audrey's Halloween costume. I opened the "Sew Simple" pattern and realized I didn't remember as much as I thought I did from high school home ec class. I'm sure some quite handy people could whip this out with their eyes closed, but I realized that in order not to mess up the pattern or the material, I'd better call for backup. Since Rachel, my friend who is THE go-to handy mom, doesn't live a mile away anymore I signed up for this class. Should be fun. I'm really excited. Never thought I would say that! More excited to sew than to do 145 squats, that's for damn sure.

Well, I need to get my rear in gear and get ready (ha!) for my body torture class. Wish me luck and a cold beer please!

No comments: