Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Audrey-isms

I swear kids say the funniest things and it's usually a real saying that they've just misunderstood or misinterpreted. Today she told me, "Mom--heads, butts." It took me a few times of her saying this before I realized she was meaning to say "heads-up". LOL! I told her what the real saying was and she didn't believe me. I'm already ancient enough to my children to not know what I'm talking about. I thought I had a few years yet before that kicked in. Also, the other day after church she walked to the car and said "What a glorious day!" What time period are we in? The Victorian Era? The day before that after the soccer game the coach gave the players all trophies with their names on them. Audrey declared, "My first trophy. See how it shines." What a hoot!

No comments: