Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Thank you Lord, for this blessed life in which I get to be a mother to 3 beautiful, healthy, happy children, a wife to a wonderfully supportive husband. Thank you also for parents and in-laws who love me no matter how goofy I am and a network of family and friends who surround me with magical acceptance and love. I am truly, truly blessed.

This Christmas we get to spend every minute with our families in Texas and Oklahoma where it is currently a balmy 56 degrees!!!!!!!!!! The wind is a-blowing though. It blew us all over the road on the way down here. I just got through running 2 miles and that wind is brutal! On the way into the wind I sometimes felt like my legs were moving but I wasn't going anywhere. When we left Rapid City, the temperature was below zero and here I just sent my kids outside without coats. I love it. That drive is not so fun though. It's a long haul with 3 little kids. Audrey kept saying, "Are we out of Nebraska yet? Are we out of Nebraska yet? Are we out of Nebraska yet?" NO!!! And it's not as if good 'ol Nebraska is the most scenic of states. I was listening to a radio station and the DJ said something about "Nebraska's Modern Christian station". Audrey goes, "How does the radio know that we're in Nebraska?" LOL! And Katie got very upset when we told her that we were not going to the mall. Oh, how she screamed! But she was certainly happy to see her Grandma and Grandpa.

That's all I have to say for now. We have arrived and are all in one piece just enjoying the company and the warmer temperatures. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a happy, healthy 2009. Ciao!

No comments: