Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nothing new

We came back from Ft. Collins with (drum roll, please)....NOTHING! We found a car that we wanted. Actually, we found many cars that we wanted! But nothing panned out for us. We are thinking that we should just keep driving this one for a while. We just can't justify being so upside-down on this car. Nothing we found was worth the money we would lose on this one, so I guess we'll just drive this one until it dies. Hopefully that will be after we pay it off! With my luck...let's just say I'm not going to hold my breath.
I took Sam to the doctor today to try to get to the bottom of this horrible cycle of sickness. He seems fine for a day or two and then starts all over again. When we were in Ft. Collins, he started running a very high fever and I just could not keep it down. For almost 2 days he was like that. Today, the fever is gone, but now he has diarrhea again. We got little sleep while we were gone. Partly because Sam was sick and partly because he was in a different place and didn't sleep well. I called the doc's office this morning to ask them some questions about what else I could do to prevent him from continuing to get sick and the nurse told me to bring him in so that they could run some tests. I took one of his nasty diapers along and they are testing it. The doctor said that maybe there is a bacteria or parasite that is making him sick all the time, and not a virus like he's thought all along. I'm really at my wit's end here. I'm so tired and have been so groggy and not feeling well. I have had a headache for days now, and I'm sure it's simply because I'm exhausted. When all 3 of them are sick at the same time like they were last week, I just want to crawl in a hole and disappear. It's soooo tiring! I don't know how anyone handles having sick kids or kids with special needs. I would literally lose my bloody mind.

Sam is becoming such a character! He's really getting more and more personality all the time. He even makes fun of me already! I had the hiccups the other day and Sam thought that was hilarious. He kept making a really loud hiccup noise and then laughing his head off. Great! I thought I had a couple more years before this one started to make fun of me too.

I have a funny story about Vince to tell you all. Since the kids have been sick I threw away their toothbrushes and needed to get some new ones for them. Then we went to Ft. Collins and I never got them one. Don't tell our dentist! When we got home last night, V needed to run to the store to get some milk so I asked him to also pick up some kids' toothbrushes. I didn't think anything else about it until we were getting ready for bed and I saw these giant dollar-store toothbrushes sitting on the counter. I asked V what the heck was going on. He said well, the kid's brushes were $5 and he wasn't going to spend that kind of money, so he got those instead. They were only .99. Let me tell you--these things are hilarious. Now, I agree that $5 seems a little high for a tiny toothbrush, and I don't really care what kind of brush they get, but these silly things wouldn't fit in V's mouth, much less the kids' mouths. I will post a picture of them. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pop!

I also have some news about the "incident". I talked to animal control and they said that the dog has checked out fine and that they had several other neighbors call them in regards to that dog and her owners. I know of the one because she told me, but I have no idea who else called or what was said. They have put up part of the fence and it's really nice to have that privacy. I think the dogs are barking way less. Of course, our pups have only been home since last night, but I think since the dogs can't see each other through the fence and bark face to face, they don't even bother one another. The animal control officer did say that the neighbor was disappointed that they were going to have to put up that fence because then we wouldn't be able to talk. HA! Like she ever talked to me before! Anyhow, here are a few pictures I took of Audrey's bite 9 days after it happened. Did the dog brush her shoulder or bite her? You be the judge.

I really should get off of this computer and get to the store so I can buy my kids some proper toothbrushes! Talk at ya later!

No comments: