Monday, April 6, 2009

Dance drama and the most ridiculous words

Katie's dance class has been out for a couple of weeks due to this crazy South Dakota weather. We have had 3 snowstorms in 2 weeks that can be classified as blizzards. I don't even know how much snow that is, but let me assure you that it's plenty. And of course, we are expecting more this week. She was supposed to have class tonight, but she was very stern when she told me that she DID NOT want to go anymore. My heart just sank. I really want it to be something she wants to do and not something she's forced to do, so I called the owner of the studio and explained what was going on. I know that I told you guys that Katie has not been actively participating when we take her there, so I guess it should be no surprise that she has decided she doesn't want to do it. The owner was nice about it, but said that another girl had dropped out and the class was really dwindling and wanted to try to find a way for Katie to stay in. I dropped the suggestion about Audrey taking Katie's place and she was open to that. She thought that maybe Katie would want to do it if Audrey was doing it and maybe we could get the recital outfit from that other girl and they could both take the class. I asked Katie if she would dance if Audrey did and she said no. Stubborn little thing. But, Miss Andrea said that she would talk to the teacher about Audrey taking over Katie's spot and to not bring her tonight because she wouldn't have a chance to talk to Brooke before tonight's class. But that means that if Audrey does get to go, she will miss this week and next because we are heading to WI for Easter. Maybe they won't have class next week, I don't know. ARRRGH! Why can't life be easy? However, if this is all I have to complain about I must be doing alright, huh?

We are leaving this Friday for my Aunt's house in Hartland, WI, just outside Milwaukee. She has agreed to host us all for the weekend so that we can spend some time with my ailing grandparents. My parents are flying up also so it should be interesting. There are 2 adults and 5 kids that live at my Aunt's and then to have the 5 of us (and our stupid dogs) and my parents too will be quite an undertaking! Luckily my Aunt Kris loves to entertain. Oh, the dogs. Those silly little furballs that cause more angst and headaches in my house than anything else. I do love animals and I love my beagles, but I'm about to the point of willing them to go away. Anywhere. Since it's been so cold and snowy we have ALL been trapped in the house together for many days. That doesn't make for a happy mama. Or daddy. Sheesh. Yesterday we decided we had to get out of the house so we took the kids to Burger King for lunch. They have a play area. It's not my favorite place to eat, but whatever. So, Vince and I took our books and let the kids run for a while. Vince ended up playing with the kids and even taking Sam with him. In the middle of playing, Vince called me over to tell me that Sam had an explosive diaper. Yes, he still does that--often. I took him to the ladies' room to change him only to find out there is no changing table. What is up with that? They have a play area, but no changing table? Dumb. So, I laid out the diaper station on top of the sink. He had poop everywhere. I got him changed, made Vince come and get him and then commenced to cleaning up. After, I went to the assistant manager and told her I wanted a comment card. Of course, no one has those anymore. You have to call the 1-800 number or go online. Dumb, dumb. So, I just told her that I thought it was weird that there was no table in there and she proceeded to utter the most ridiculous words ever. "We had one and 'they' made us take it out because it was unsanitary." Excuse me? Dumb, dumb, dumb!! I said, "So, you're telling me that it's more sanitary for me to change a very poopy diaper on top of the sink than a changing table? Are they any harder to clean than the toilets?" She made a face when I told her that I changed him on the sink and said that it wasn't her decision, but was one made by 'them'. Whoever they are. I mean, come on people!! You have a play area! And that's so sanitary? Have 'they' seen the play area? I'm willing to bet the bathroom gets cleaned more often than those tubes and slides! Is that not one of the silliest things you've heard in a while? When I get off of here, I plan on going to the website or wherever and tell them what I think of that.

So, guess who's dogs decided to walk over the snow drifts into our yard the other day? I heard our dogs going crazy in the kitchen and when I looked out, one of her dogs was on the porch. Two of them had decided to come play for a while. She really has no legs to stand on if she ever complains about my dogs again. I have pictures. Her hubs came over and put them back over into her yard while she waited so that she could swat them. Funny.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. All of our creatures are growing restless waiting for supper. And I rented Twilight. I can't wait. I'm sure it's not as good as the book, but I don't care. He'll still be nice to look at. I just recently read the first book in the series and now know what all the craze is about. It was good. I can't wait to get my hands on the next 3.

Later--NicXOXO

No comments: