Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Addiction

Hello, my name is Nicole and I am a candy addict. (Hello, Nicole). I simply cannot stay out of the Halloween candy. My lifelong motto that I learned from my father is "if it's there, eat it." It's really an issue. I have been doing so well and have lost at least 1 pant size since starting at the YMCA and here I am eating myself into a chocolate coma. I keep telling myself that it's better for the children if I eat the candy instead of them. Right? I just want it gone so that there is nothing there to eat! Someone should save me from myself.

If there is anyone out there who is still debating whether boys and girls are different from birth, or if it's their environment that makes them behave differently, I am here to set things straight. My son is all boy already at 5 months. Know how I know? Because when I change his diaper, he is in the habit of grabbing hold of his junk and hanging on for dear life until I wrench it from his hands to put a clean diaper on. Seriously. He's already practicing the time-honored male rituals of re-adjusting and hanging onto it just in case it falls off. And he does it all with a smile on his face. Men! (insert eye-roll here) It's definitely genetic.

Katie has recently been waking in the middle of the night crying or moaning or calling for one of us. I don't know if it's nightmares or what, but I feel sorry for her. Most of the time when I respond, she is already back asleep or almost there and I just rub her back or hair for a minute and she's fine. She does this most nights and sometimes several times a night. Last night, when I went to her, she was kinda awake and said to me, "I just don't believe it", which is one of her catch phrases. I just laughed and went back to bed. The second time she told me, "Mom, I don't love you right now." No laughing this time. I don't know where she got that, but it's really annoying. I know she doesn't mean it, especially when she's half awake, but it still gets me. Maybe she says it because she knows where the Halloween candy is going. Then this afternoon she told me that Sam couldn't have any candy because he could only eat "cereal and carrots and your fingers." LOL! She's so hilarious sometimes. And the delivery is the best. With her little face and mis-pronounced words.

Well, I should get off of here and start supper. There's not much in the cabinets. I'm gonna have to make something up on the fly. I'm thinking fried Snickers and twice-baked Milk Duds with a side of Whoppers and some Dum-Dums for dessert.

No comments: