Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thank you Jesus!

So, I met someone yesterday who made me thank God for my life! Sometimes I get so caught up in the negative. Griping about anything and everything is easier I guess than focusing on the good things in life. This lady has 3 kids of her own and just inherited her brother's 13 week old triplets. Her brother is in Iraq and I guess his wife dropped off her babies when they were 5 days old so she could go to the grocery store. She never came back! Can you imagine? On top of that her father-in-law and father, who both live with her and her family, are elderly and not in good health and she just found out that her mother has cancer. When she walked away, another mother came up to me and said, "Wow. I thought my life was crazy." It just made me think about the blessings that I have been given and how generally easy my life is compared to others. God is good.

On another note, Audrey tries her best to make life interesting each and every day. Today before the soccer game, they had their pictures taken. I can't wait to see them because she is pouting in all of them! She refused to be in a good mood. The photographer finally got fed up and said she thought she got some decent ones and it was time for her to move on. Usually when the camera comes out, she is a ham and a half. I guess she just felt like changing things up. Then, during the game, she just was not paying attention. It drives me crazy! All the other parents cracked up when I shouted to her, "Audrey, QUIT PICKING YOUR NOSE AND GET THE BALL!!!" Seriously, I can only take so much! I know, I know. The point is for her to have fun...blah, blah.

I don't know how many of you have seen the movie Kung Fu Panda, but it has quickly become one of our family favorites. It is hilarious! This story will only make sense if you have seen it. Katie was talking in her sleep the other night. When we woke up I told her that and asked her what she was dreaming about. She said in her little groggy voice, "I was dreaming about noodles." I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Well, I should go put the girls to bed so I suppose I will log off now. As my mom used to tell us at bedtime--see you later, see you tomorrow.

No comments: