Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Whys Have It!

A common word in my house. Why? Why. WHHHHHYYYYYY?! I hear it all the time. I'm sure everyone with kids does, right? So, I thought I'd make a list of my "Whys". Here we go.

1. Why is it that my children can sleep like the dead until the exact second that I turn of my bedside lamp and burrow under the covers? It's like they have some kind of radar that lets them know when Mom is going to bed. "Wake up! Wake up! Mom is trying to sleep and we can't have that!"

2. Why can't my house stay clean for more than a couple of hours?

3. Why does my son flip the brat switch on the moment we enter a store? He's fine in the car, he's fine in the parking lot, we walk in the door and Bam! He's a tantrum throwing master. I run through the store with the girls trying to keep up behind me while Sam screams the entire time. I check out, I leave (with all eyes watching my back-I can feel them) and we get to the car and he's fine again. I don't get it.

4. Why did I buy light-colored carpet?

5. Why, no matter how much money we make, are we always broke?

6. Why does everyone suddenly HAVE TO HAVE a toy that they haven't looked at in 6 months as soon as someone else picks it up?

7. Why couldn't I have been born with Heidi Klum's body, Tina Turner's legs, Angelina Jolie's face, the brains of Oprah Winfrey and the grace of a ballerina?

8. Why does my husband still think wet willies are funny?

9. Why doesn't my husband think bathroom humor is funny?

10. Why is the left side of my keyboard having trouble responding to my key strokes?

11. Why did God give my kids so much energy and me so little?

12. This one is from Katie: "Mom, why, if God knows everything, do you still have to tell the people at McDonald's if the toy in my Happy Meal is for a girl or a boy?" Aha! I know the answer to this one. "Well, honey, God doesn't work at McDonald's."

13. Why IS bathroom humor so funny?

14. Why do my blog postings always sound better in my head than they do when I write them down?

To be continued. Why? Because I have more. Trust me. And because Pawn Stars is on.

No comments: