Thursday, May 6, 2010

Things I have learned

Just some random thoughts. Been thinking a lot lately. I have been a little stressed and busy. The kids are stressful. No one said it was going to be easy, but I have learned some very valuable lessons, which is always good.

1. Having kids is hard!!
2. I am stronger than I thought I was.
3. I can survive by taking life one day at a time. If I can make it to the end of this day, I will be able to refresh before facing the next.
4. It's nice to have a clean house, but I never count on it staying that way!
5. If the house is dirty, does it really matter in the big picture?
6. My kids are the funniest people on the planet. And probably beyond.
7. One "family size" take-out meal does not feed this family. (A lesson my husband has yet to learn. One large pizza? Are you kidding me?)
8. NEVER take 3 children out by yourself. Ever. Unless you enjoy being a spectacle. And tantrums.
9. I will probably never watch an entire TV show or movie all the way through without 1,000 pauses and rewinds. And I will still never catch the whole thing.
10. I bet I have set some land speed records in potty time, showering, and eating.
11. The moment I became a mother I instantly grew eyes in the back of my head and extra-alert hearing. That's why my mom was always one step ahead of me!
12. I just THOUGHT I liked alone time.
13. My husband and I can carry on an entire conversation with facial expressions, pig latin, and spelling competitions.
14. The reason I can't lose the baby weight is because I always have a baby clinging to me! Oh, and because I can't let them leave food on their plates to go to waste.
15. Everything should be measured in toddler weight. Just like dog years. One toddler pound=10 normal pounds. My 30 pound toddler easily weighs at least 300 pounds after holding him for 5 seconds.
16. I definitely do not want 4 kids.
17. Now I'm the one laughing at these idealistic youngsters who say that they will never raise their kids the same way their parents did. Yeah, right. You will do the EXACT same things, good and bad.
18. My kids, the ones who were never going to be dirty or dressed in crappy clothes in public or throwing fits in the aisles of the store, are the ones with the green snot running down their faces mixing with yesterday's dirt and screaming bloody murder at the mall in their food-stained clothes that they pulled out of the hamper this morning.
19. I'm trying not to judge your parenting skills, so at least make an attempt to not judge me until I'm out of hearing range. Okay? You do what's best for you and your kids and I'll do the same for me and mine.
20. I WILL look back on these years with a smile on my face and love in my heart and wish that I could do it all over again. Only better.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I would just like to say I love you! lol - you are so very wonderful and an amazing writer to boot!!

Mopish Molly said...

Great post